May 10, 2011

[Surabaya] Soto Ambengan Pak Sadi (Asli)

after a full hectic week in office, I managed to gain my work-life balance and be able to post a new entry.. my disc is quite full with unposted culinary journey haha.. okay, here's another review of my journey in Surabaya.. I think everyone will agree that Surabaya is a city full with unique and special dishes, mostly can't be found in other cities in Indonesia.. I would say that Soto Ambengan Pak Sadi (Asli) is one of them.. it's a very famous soto in Surabaya  and I heard that it was established since 1971.. wow, much older than me haha.. Ambengan is actually the street name of Soto Ambengan Pak Sadi (Asli)'s first stall.. 

the special thing about Soto Ambengan Pak Sadi is the turmeric they put generously in the broth making it a much thicker compared to other soto.. on each table, you can find a complete set of crackers, chili sauce, slices of lime and koya (mix of crushed shrimp crackers and garlic).. I love koya, since it brought a really unique taste to my tongue.. I ordered soto ayam ambengan campur which consisted of chicken slices, vermicelli, cabbage and mixed with rice with a price of only Rp13,000.. it's very cheap, in my opinion.. Soto Ambengan Pak Sadi (Asli) has also opened its branches in Jakarta, though I haven't tried those in Jakarta.. from my friends, I heard that the best place to taste soto ambengan is still at their central store, in Ambengan street..

Soto Ayam Ambengan Pak Sadi (Asli) - Rp13,000
Soto Ambengan Pak Sadi (Asli)
Jl. Ambengan 3A, Surabaya
Ph.: 6231 - 532 3998

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...