Jul 5, 2012

Pines Kitchen

I have passed Pines Kitchen in Central Park several times, but never had any interest in trying it.. well, to be honest, I thought it was just another Chinese restaurant.. but I changed my mind when my mom's friend  told us that Pines Kitchen is one of the best restaurant serving dim sum in Jakarta.. so curious about their unknown famous dim sum, we decided to have a try.. 

it was Sunday afternoon after church, my mom and I went for a lunch date.. the place was quite packed as we arrived, implying a good sign that this restaurant is indeed famous for their good food.. we finally got ourselves a table after waiting for around 10 minutes.. the restaurant was very busy and the narrow distance between each table made me quite uncomfortable.. but anyway, we were here for the food.. 

we actually came for their dimsum selection and ended up ordered cheong fan char siu (Rp16,800), lotus leaf rice (Rp17,800), shaomai (Rp16,800) and xiao long bao (Rp17,800).. to accompany our lunch, we added string beans a la Szechuan (S - Rp52,000) and chinese tea - jasmine (Rp26,000 per pot).. then we also added sesame seed balls (Rp15,800) for our dessert..


so is the rumor true? well, I must say that averagely the dishes were good.. I especially love the cheong fan char siu and xiao long bao from the dim sum selection.. their string beans a la Szechuan was delicious.. it was definitely one of the best string beans I have ever tasted.. they added tauco or fermented soybeans which makes the dish really unique and addictive.. the sesame seed balls was also good, the sesame paste inside was not too sweet, definitely fits my tongue :)


overall, I had a great lunch in Pines Kitchen.. great tasted food had definitely made my day.. the prices above are subject to 5% service charge and 10% tax.. but luckily, they have a 20% promotion with BCA Credit Card..


Pines Kitchen
Central Park LG 162-163
Jln. S. Parman Kav. 28
West Jakarta
Ph.:  6221 5698 5324

1 comment:

  1. DEAR CHUBBY....MY NAME IS RIO FROM PECEL LELE LELA BSD...WANNA INVITE U TOO OUR RESTAURANT FOR TASTING THE BEST TASTE OF CATFISH THE ONE AND ONLY IN INDONESIA...PLEASE FEEL FREE TOO LEAVE UR CONTACT PERSON IN MY EMAIL ZANCI.PAMARAPH@GMAIL.COM AND MOBILE 088977015366...REGARDS

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...