Dec 27, 2012

Ninety Nine

Merry Christmas everyone! I just can't believe that it's almost the end of 2012 already.. wow, time flies fast, huh? anyway, last Friday, I had an early Christmas dinner with my best girls.. and as we are five busy girls, it's really hard to find a time to fit everyone's schedule.. so when finally we had Friday night set, I was beyond excited.. we decided to have our dinner at Ninety Nine in Grand Indonesia due to the central location and cozy place.. a friend of mine made the reservation and though the traffic was quite unfriendly that I managed to reach the place around 7.30 p.m..

the place was quite pack though not full and we had a very nice table, a good start.. the menu was quite extensive from Western cuisine to Asian cuisine.. start our night with fresh drinks, iced grapefruit (Rp38,000), iced kiwi berry (Rp38,000) and pink lychee iced tea (Rp40,000) plus a cup of hot chamomile tea (Rp32,000).. I looked like an old lady based on my drink order, really.. but I was looking for something warm and chamomile tea was my perfect choice.. and kindly they add a piece of cookie to accompany my tea.. of all the fresh drinks, we all agreed that our favorite was iced kiwi berry.. it was sour and sweet at the same time with fresh fruits to literally wake you up.. I'll remember to order that next time..

hot chamomile tea
pink lychee tea - iced kiwi berry

off to the main courses.. started off with an appetizing plate of nachos chili con carne (Rp52,000).. it was one great nachos with lots of condiments and generous cheese.. I totally loved it.. continued with al capone pizza (Rp86,000) which was wood stone baked pizza topped with beef ham, pepperoni, minced beef and beef sausages.. sorry, the pic turned blur and not blog post worthy.. the portion was huge so remember to share when you order it.. it tasted just okay, nothing special and one of my friend even dislike it.. so I don't think it was quite recommended.. on the other hand, our dinner star, barbeque pork ribs (Rp186,000) was definitely can't be missed.. glazed in honey hickory BBQ sauce and served with baked potato, the ribs was tender and just delicious.. I would lick the whole bones if I don't remember being in public area wearing a dress.. not a classy lady attitude haha.. lastly, we still have baked lasagna (Rp86,000).. looked very yummy and finally some greens in between our meaty meals.. however, by the time it arrived, we were already to full.. I tasted a bite and thought it was quite good.. it was filled generously with minced beef and tomato ragout and topped with melted mozzarella cheese.. 

nachos chili con carne
barbeque prok ribs
baked lasagna

so, our bellies were indeed full but there's this little space which was always be available for desserts.. and my friends are desserts addict, so there's no way we can end our dinner unless we do it the proper way.. bread and butter pudding (Rp38,000) and lemon meringue (Rp34,000) were ordered.. not long after, both desserts come.. now, the bread and butter pudding has my high expectation since I'm a huge fan.. served with vanilla ice cream and vanilla sauce it looked really tempting.. however, after the first bite, it was too sweet for my taste buds.. ah, disappointing.. though the texture was soft and smooth, I can't help but stop eating after a few spoons.. the lemon meringue however, was outstanding.. sour meringue on top of sweet lemony cake.. now, that's heavenly.. the cake was soft and fluffy, not too sweet and I love the red jam aside which tasted really sour.. apparently, sour and sweet was match made in haven..

bread and butter pudding
lemon meringue

overall, great companion for your dinner is definitely the best thing in the table.. the good food and atmosphere were always a nice compliment.. a bit pricey though as the five of us ended spent Rp813,560 (the prices above are subject to 7.5% service charge and 10% tax).. worth it? well, for a once-in-a-while occasion, I guessed I wouldn't mind.. but definitely won't go there too often :D

Ninety Nine
Grand Indonesia East Mall Lower Ground
Jl. M.H. Thamrin No.1 
Central Jakarta 10210
Ph.: +6221 2358 1196

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...