Feb 25, 2011

Chili's Grill & Bar

finally.. I have got the chance to try the famous Chili's Grill & Bar.. it was a celebration for bf's birthday that we had a small party for two :) party, in our dictionary means good food and a lovely eating-mate.. so we have heard about this place for quite a while, my friend is a big fan.. we heard it was quite pricey, but worth the portion and the deliciousness (is that a word?)... I knew that they served Texas-Mexican food, which makes me a little reluctant to try.. since it's not common here to eat Tex-Mex menu, I'm afraid that I won't like it and don't know what to order.. anyway, so before we got there, I've searched the review for this place in the blog world and find various post.. but I got the general view, I think.. 

so here's what we ordered.. for the drinks, we ordered iced tea (Rp23,900 and free refill).. the glass was not too big and you get a cup of sugar to accompany your tea.. I prefer not to put too much sweets, remembering I was preparing my stomach for the big meal.. anyway, I love the ceramic tiles planted in our table.. it's so unique and gives a nice touch.. I've never seen ceramic tiles put as a part of a dining table and gives a cute little details.. anyway, the iced tea was nothing but ordinary iced tea.. standard :)

our appetizer was Classic Nachos (Rp67,900).. according to the menu book, Chili's classic nachos have beans with a hint of seasoned beef, cheese and jalapenos on every chip, served with pico de gallo and sour cream.. I assume that pico de gallo should mean tomato salsa.. according to my opinion, the nachos was great.. it was cheesy and best eating when combined with the sour cream and tomato salsa.. I'm a cheese lover, and this nachos were served with lots of cheese on top of it.. me likey :)

our main course was the famous Mushroom Jack Combo Fajitas (Rp136,900).. combo here means you'll get a mixed of beef and chicken.. this was juicy marinated grilled steak or chicken smothered with Jack cheese, crispy beef bacon and fresh sauteed mushrooms served with onions, bell peppers and home-made salsa.. here's a little detail of this menu:
Mushroom, Steak, Chicken, Cheese, Beef Bacon, Onion, Bell Peppers on a hotplate
Sour Cream, Cheese, Tomato Salsa, Avocado Salsa on top of Sliced Lettuce
by the way, just so you know, fajitas was commonly used to describe any grilled meat served on a flour or corn tortilla.. that's why our Mushroom Jack Combo Fajitas consisted of one hotplate full of condiments, side sauces and four slices of flour tortilla.. how to eat?


1. take one piece of the tortilla, and put all condiments you want.. I'm a bit greedy that I put chicken and beef steak, topped with onions, mushrooms, lettuce, beef bacons.. another round of mushrooms.. then sour cream, cheese and avocado salsa.. 
2. wrap your hand-made tortilla and the fillings.. I didn't manage to make a roll, so I just make a fold of it.. then go, eat it.. :) it's kinda messy when I ate it, since it was just a fold and the fillings was much.. but who cares? :P
so what about the taste? hmm.. let me remember.. it was AWESOME.. the beef steak was the best dish of the night.. it was juicy, well done, but not hard to chew.. the spices were just right.. and the mushrooms.. I don't know what they did with it, but it was GREAT.. I now believed that Chili's was not overrated.. it was that good and worth every penny you spent.. I have never know that one dish could make me crazy and craving for more..

overall, I'm satisfied with the food they served.. however, the service itself was not too good.. the waiter weren't anywhere to be found, so we had a hard time when we need a refill or even asking for bills.. our Mushroom Jack Fajitas came a little late that we had to ask for our dish.. it's forgivable, though, since the food was awesome.. anyway, we found this cute sign on our way out.. I heart it :)


Chili's Grill & Bar
Sarinah Building 2nd Floor
Jl. M.H. Thamrin No. 11
Central Jakarta
Phone: (021) 314-6587

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...