Mar 26, 2012

Portico

I do feel lucky living in Jakarta.. despite the horrible traffic I have to experience everyday, Jakarta still have a lot of interesting things to offer.. new shopping mall, new hang out place, new restaurant all over the place.. I believe that I was a little late to know about this place, but it doesn't lessen the excitement I got.. Portico is located at the most strategic spot in Senayan City.. beautiful outdoor and indoor area.. the menu was very interesting as it was accompanied with cute food quote.. my favorite quote would be the one on our table "there is no love sincerer than the love of food" by George Bernard Shaw.. 


it was around 3 p.m on Friday afternoon, the place was quite empty.. we were given a nice table in the middle non-smoking area.. direct view to the park and the street of Senayan hectic area.. it was my quality time with my best friend since we need a quite place to share stories and refresh our minds due to the hectic we had at office.. I was not too hungry since I had a big lunch before, so I decided to have a nice refreshing iced lychee tea (Rp40,000) while he ordered iced peach tea (Rp 40,000) and egg benedict (Rp45,000)



my tea was refreshing.. not overly sweet, with three pieces of fresh lychees.. it was like finding an oasis in the middle of a desert *lebay*.. but indeed, I love it so much.. my friend told me that his peach tea was not less good.. refreshing with a hint of sweet-sour taste.. his egg benedict was one of the all-day-brunch menu offered.. toasted bread topped with bacon, poached egg and melted cheese accompanied with hash brown and baked tomato.. I'm not a fan of poached egg, but I did try a bite.. it tasted quite nice though I prefer not too eat the raw egg yolk.. the portion was quite small for a man's stomach but just enough for breakfast or afternoon snack.. 

overall, I was amazed by the amazing view, decoration and atmosphere.. it actually made me feel like I'm somewhere in the middle of Bali.. can't wait to try their other menus.. gonna come back there soon.. 



Portico
Senayan City GF #1
Jl. Asia Afrika No. 19
Central Jakarta 10270
Ph.: 6221 7278 1641

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...