Aug 22, 2012

[Revisit] Sate Khas Senayan

this one was a delayed post.. a few weeks ago, I had a dinner with my best friend at Sate Khas Senayan in FX.. this was a part of his mission of eating Indonesian food as much as he can as he was heading to pursue his master degree in USA.. and as his good partner in crime, I have to support his mission.. so there just the two of us looking through the overwhelming menu offered by Sate Khas Senayan.. that night, we decided to try their rice dishes with me ordering nasi liwet (Rp35,000) and him ordering nasi uduk (Rp38,000).. we also ordered chicken satay (Rp34,000) to share and a cup of hot tea (Rp9,000) for each each..

nasi liwet is basically coconut rice, served with chicken, sweetened bean curd and egg, accompany by Indonesian vegetable curry.. while nasi uduk is coconut rice served with chicken, skin satay, fried bean curd, tempeh and coconut chili.. the chicken satay were served on top of a hot pot so the satay were still hot during our eating time.. the portion of their rice dishes were huge.. my nasi liwet looked very appealing.. I especially love their coconut chicken and vegetable curry.. the whole dish was very tasty.. lots of different yet matching taste on my tongue.. even the rice alone was very good.. I love it, really! the chicken satay was probably the best ones I have ever tasted.. the coconut sauce was so smooth and silky.. eat that with the tender and juicy chicken and I am content.. my belly was very much indulged..





overall, it was a great dinner.. I love all the Indonesian food and thank God I'm living in Indonesia.. every little dish offers different yet magnificent taste.. I'm sure you're gonna miss this, pal :)

Sate Khas Senayan
FX Lifestyle X'nter
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Unit F1 22-23
Ph.: 6221 2555 4150

1 comment:

  1. Most of the time, you see Satay in those fancy restaurants are either bland or doesn't taste remotely like Satay like it should have!

    Sate Khas Senayan is one of the few who actually managed to present it the way Satay should be (and without all the smoke :))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...