Sep 15, 2012

Kedai Cemara

what differentiate Javanese grilled chicken and other area's grilled chicken? I have to say that Javanese grilled chicken are always tasty with seasoning that went through the meat.. I am blessed to be living in a neighborhood where I can find all kinds of food.. though it was an advantage for me as customer, this situation can be quite hard on the restaurants having all those competitors.. well, Kedai Cemara is one of the few to survive.. opened since 1990s, the small eatery is still packed with customers during dining hours.. 

a humble and simple eatery.. not much to tell about the decoration, only plastic chairs and long tables with no air conditioner.. once we entered the eatery, we were greeted by a bunch of raw chickens and other condiments, waiting for their turn to be eaten.. it was just me and my mom, so we decided to have a piece of grilled chicken (Rp13,000) and tempeh bacem (Rp2,000 per piece), accompanied with coconut rice (Rp5,000).. 



not having to wait for long, all of our orders were coming to our table.. it may not look too appetizing but it tasted so good.. the chicken meat was very tender and like I expected, the seasoning was top-notch.. the tempeh bacem was just as delicious, and having some fresh veggies to accompany the meal was very pleasing.. add some chili, if you like it to be more spicy.. and let me tell you, it was one of the best chili I have ever tasted.. I don't really know how to describe the taste but it was good.. well, I guessed, you just have to taste it by yourself.. the hot coconut rice was another thing to be thankful for.. it was tasty and fragrant, definitely the perfect match to the chicken and tempeh.. 

it was a cheap meal but very satisfying.. I love every element on my plate.. it was finger licking good! I will definitely come back for more.. 

Kedai Cemara
Jl. Tanjung Duren Barat VI No. 29
West Jakarta 11470
Ph.: 6221 566 2989

1 comment:

  1. Blogwalking :)

    visit & follow my blog please :D
    http://batavianist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...